27 awkward things that will happen freshman year
New country, new school, new awkward. You’ll be a sophomore soon enough.
1) You don’t understand a reference to something American.
2) You pretend to understand a reference to something American.
3) Someone you don’t recognize says hello to you.
4) You mistakenly think someone is saying hello to you when they’re really greeting someone else.
5) Your roommate catches you “borrowing” something without asking.
6) You try to pretend nothing happened after you do something embarrassing.
7) You get lost on campus and have to ask for directions.
8) You use an American phrase incorrectly.
9) You find out that your best friend from home has a new friend who’s just like you.
10) You dance like no one’s watching. When everyone is watching.
11) Someone asks you something stupid about where you’re from.
12) Your roommate does something weird and thinks you don’t notice.
13) That one friend refuses to watch the movie everyone else agrees on.
14) You reference an inside joke from back home that no one understands.
15) One of your new college friends suddenly gets homesick and you don’t know what to do.
16) Someone you just met starts telling you things that are too personal.
17) You see something gross in the shared bathroom.
18) Your parents ask, “You’re not doing anything bad, are you?”
19) Your roommate gets into a fight on the phone with the person they’re dating back home.
20) You totally forget that you have an exam today.
21) Someone tries to explain American football to you but it’s still confusing.
22) You catch your friends going out without you.
23) Someone you don’t like starts flirting with you.
24) Your friend is drunk and you can’t understand what they’re saying.
25) You show up to a party feeling out of place.
26) The annoying person in class asks you to study with them.
27) Someone offers you something really gross to eat.
Don’t worry! Lots of cool things will happen freshman year, too. Have fun!