Career Advancement Program
The Undergraduate Accelerator experience provides more than academic, language and cultural growth. With the included Career Accelerator, you can also gain valuable professional skills that prepare you for a successful career.
The Career Accelerator is designed specifically for international students:
- Four semesters of professional development and career guidance
- Skills-based training and opportunities for internships
- Unique workshops, real-world experiences and cross-cultural group work
Pick the track that leads to your future
The Career Accelerator offers five tracks, so you can focus on what's most helpful for your professional future.
For students preparing for an internship during college or for their job search once they graduate.
For students who plan to get a postgraduate or doctorate degree after their undergraduate degree.
For students participating in a corporate sponsorship program. Includes activities customized for that company or industry.
For students interested in pursuing a career strengthening and growing a family-owned business.
For students who want to start, own and manage their own business after they get their degree.
Four semesters. For your future.
During each semester of the Career Accelerator, you’ll build the experience and skills you need to be job-ready when you graduate. Here’s a preview:
- Major Exploration
- Professional Etiquette
- Personal Branding
- Elevator Speech
- Global Occupational Research
- Informational Interviews
- Mock Interviews
- Cover Letters
- Networking and Social Media
- Career Focus Presentation
- Mentor Matching
- E-Portfolio Profile
- Career Fairs, Externships and Job Shadows
- Strategic Research Presentation
- Career Action Plan
- Emotional Intelligence
- Teamwork Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Leadership Project
- Progress Reflection Presentation
To participate in the Career Accelerator, you must be an Undergraduate Accelerator student who:
- Maintains at least 90% attendance for all Career Accelerator activities and workshops
- Completes all major milestone projects
- Remains in good academic standing at KU
- Remains in good immigration standing and obtains the necessary paperwork to get CPT or OPT for the correct department
Once you complete the Career Accelerator, you gain access to exclusive internships at leading international companies. Your advisor will work with you to find an internship that fits your career goals.
Interested in entrepreneurship? You might intern at a rising startup in Silicon Valley. Or if you’re in the Sponsored Business Development track, you could intern at a multi-national corporation such as Google or Deloitte.
“I signed up for Alternative Breaks. It’s a great way to get involved and to get exposure [to work experience for your resume]. I’ve done a lot of community service, so if anyone is looking for community service work or social justice work. I thought it would be a great option to see how social justice works in the States. I feel like I grew as a person and I carry back to KU a lot of that experience.”
– Namoos, Psychology major from Pakistan
Prepare for the global job market
Let KU prepare you for your career. Ready to start your future studying at KU?